or call 01788 522813
Terms and conditions
All links below to the contact page open in a new window
These terms and conditions contain important information about how we process your order. By submitting an order and payment you agree to the following. If you have any questions please contact us.
- In order to minimise the time in transit for perishable goods we despatch by overnight courier on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to arrive between 9am and 6pm the following day. We may be able to make special arrangements for despatch at other times - please contact us with your enquiry. Other arrangements may apply during bank holidays and seasonal times e.g. Christmas - if so they will be stated in these terms & conditions below.
- You must either state a preferred delivery date on the checkout form or state "no preference".
- Your order will be despatched to arrive on your specified day, if stated. However, once the goods are with our courier we cannot guarantee delivery on your specified day, particularly during busy times such as the Christmas period. Please allow for longer delivery times during bad weather conditions such as ice and snow.
- When ordering you must state whether or not you wish for the parcel to be signed for. Cheese on the Green is not able to accept responsibility for the safe delivery or condition of goods if you choose to NOT have the parcel signed for. Please note if you choose the no signature option you MUST SPECIFY A SAFE PLACE TO LEAVE such as A PORCH OR GARAGE if you are out, please do not expect the driver to hunt around your property for an obscure place to leave. If you do choose to have the parcel signed for, you must ensure there will be someone in to receive the goods on delivery by Parcel Force. You can request that the parcel be delivered to a next door neighbour if you are out. If you have chosen signed-for delivery and nobody is available to sign, Parcel Force will either leave instructions for you to rearrange delivery or the parcel will be left at the local post office for your collection. Collecting the parcel or having it redelivered can cause delays and your cheese may not arrive in optimum condition.
- When our carriers are unable to deliver a parcel due to there being nobody present to sign or a mistake made in the address we are given by you, responsibility passes to you upon despatch. In these circumstances claims for non-delivery, damage or loss cannot be accepted by us or our carriers.
- Please ensure that all delivery information you supply, including postcode, is correct. We cannot take responsibility for non-delivery of goods due to incorrect details being submitted.
WEIGHTS AND CUTTING
Whole cheeses made by hand may sometimes vary in weight, as well as colour and size. Weights given for whole cheeses are approximate. Cheeses sold by weight are hand cut and may vary slightly from the weight ordered. If your order is light on one item we will make up the difference on another.
POSTAGE & PACKING
- Postage and packing charges are £5.95 per delivery address for ALL orders. This price only applies to delivery to the UK Mainland; at present we are unable to deliver to the UK Islands, the Scottish Highlands or Northern Ireland.
- Your payment is processed securely by WorldPay.
- We accept Visa (credit and debit), Maestro, Electron, MasterCard and JCB.
- Our minimum value for website orders is £25 plus postage and packing. This is necessary as we heavily subsidise delivery costs.
REFUND POLICY We take the greatest care to ensure that our products are of the highest quality. Please notify Cheese on the Green within 24 hours if any products are damaged or in poor condition. Our contact details can be found on our contact page.
All such items must be returned to us or be available for inspection.
Should you have cause for complaint a full refund of the purchase price of the defective product will be made.
DISCLAIMER Cheese on the Green does not represent or warrant that the information contained on this site is complete or free from error, and expressly disclaims and does not assume any liability to any person for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by errors and omissions in the data or software, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident, quality, performance of the software, or any other cause. None of the above affects your statutory rights.